Sorry I’ve been MIA babes, It’s been a fun filled summer and I didn’t want it to end…. ahhhh, WHERE do I start???
Buenos Dias from Playa Mujeres, Cancun! What paradise! It was the first time I had been to Cancun and was really blown away. We arrived to white sand beaches and teal water… Obbbbviously, I threw on my bikini and jumped into the water. AHHHH… the good life.
Because Mexico wouldn’t be complete without chips ‘n salsa and an ice cold margarita, I started my cancun vacay off with a not so carb conscious but oh so delicious afternoon snack. mmmmm. Heaven.
After sunbathing on this private beach, I changed into a very practical latin inspired dress to watch the sunset before din din. Believe it or not, this fringe beauty was meant to be a cover up. I just love the fringe at the wrist and the lightweight gauze was really fricken nice considering the heat and humidity. Oh, btw, forget about having a good hair day. NOPE! Doesn’t exist. HAA, like seriously. The worst hair weather, EVER!!! oK, Being the rule breaker I am, I wore an ivory slip under my flirty frock and paired a chunky moroccan necklace. To complete this outfit, I dressed it up with chic braided pumps.
Style tip** Think outside the box. Using a kaftan or beach cover up as a dinner dress is totally A- OK! Just make sure it’s simple and tasteful.
Welcome to Playa Mujeres, Cancun! This beautiful jungle looking at Isla Mujeres is filled with lush landscape, wildlife, white sand beaches and, oh wait did I mention the crystal clear water?? Ok, so clearly Im OBSESSED with Cancun.
I’m a first timer here, so I really wanted to play tourist. We hopped in a golf cart and road around the property. First stop, a mini zoo. I made friends with a group of great green Macaws. Their radiant colors were incredible and very well mannered. These adorable monkeys were so sweet. Reaching out to hold our hand through the fence, they were just the cutest! We went coco hunting, in search of crocodiles. We found a couple massive freakin creatures, but lets be serious, I’m not going to chance getting close enough to snap a photo. Sorry guys, coco hunt at your own risk!
Finished off the day with a delicious margarita and planned for Isla Mujeres, mañana!
What would Cancun be like without a delicious margarita?? Probably really boring. The trick to a tasty rita… The chili salt around the rim. Don’t blame me for your hangover the next morning. Yes, that good!
These travel essentials have and always will be my go-to for any Summer vacay.
1. SPF is a MUST!! Yes, I said it. Sun is so bad for you and we are all in denial. When you’re 60 you’ll realize real quick how important a little sunblock is for the radiance of your skin. So, beauty secret #1 of mine…. drum ROLL… Tinted moisturizer with SPF!!!! Yes, its my life savor. Oddly enough this stuff stays on whether you sweat or swim. I live by one certain brand that I swear by. Laura Mercier in non oily because my skin is oilier than most. It comes in an array of shades so you can look tan without tanning your face and protect it with the built in SPF. There is a natural glow to this moisturizer as well. Try it, you will thank me later!
2. Because I just gave you the SPF lecture of the year, here goes another one of mine. SPF IN your lipstick ladies!!! Keep those pouty lips hydrated and sun proof the heck out of them. I currently use eos spf lip sphere but sometimes a little colour never hurts. Yves Saint Laurent is my go to lipstick. There is a built in SPF so you protect while wearing your favorite shade. YSL can be on the pricier side so check out cover girl as a second option. Don’t forget to search for the SPF on the tube!
3. What would a summer vacay be like without some statement sunnies?? Im really getting over the reflective colored aviators. Search for something new. I recently came across some all wood framed sunnies. They are super lightweight, edgy and trend worthy!!
4. Statement sandals are a MUST!!! Whyyyy you might ask? Because lets face it, you’re not going to prance around in your loubis while sightseeing in the jungle. Get a cool pair of sandals you can dress up or down. Holidays are meant to be spent sightseeing and exploring. Make sure you’re wearing something comfortable. That doesn’t mean you have to jeopardize your style, just be practical people! Im currently crazy for these Balenciaga sandals. They just do it for me. For a less pricey option, Sam Edelman has a budget friendly, ultra fashionable sandal sure to please your fashion focused eyes.
5. Last but most certainly not least… A bombshell bikini!! Chances are, if you are going anywhere for your summer holiday, you’re going somewhere hot. Unless you go to Antarctica and chill in an igloo which sorry, I’m not sorry, you’re weird. So! Bombshell bikini. If you’re going to rock a bikini, make it haute. Give your onlookers something worth looking at!
Cheers babes, hope these vacay essentials find their way in your suitcase for your next trip!
What a way to kick off the summer! Did everyone have an amazing fourth?! I stayed local and I’m so happy I did. La Jolla was beautiful, packed with pretty people and a whole lot of red, white N’ blue. With a holiday weekend comes busy, long days, which I wouldn’t trade for the world!!! But, boy am I excited for a little RnR.
I’m heading for Cancun this week and cannot wait to lounge pool side, work on my tan with a cocktail in hand! In the mean time, I had to take advantage of this incredible July weather. La Valencia is one of my fave places to chill and have a stay-cation. I decided to meet girlfriends for a little cocktail hour and to watch the sunset.
Because it’s impossible to beat the heat, I decided to wear an easy breezy romper. I’m obsessing over fuchsia right now. It’s such an inviting color. Paired with a neutral hue, this fuchsia combo screams “take me somewhere haute!” Ok, so apart from my crush on fuchsia, I have been mixing my handbags and shoes to purposely NOT match. Try a busy multi colored bag. Pick a color in the bag, even if its extremely faint and match your shoes with it. As you can see, my clutch wasn’t what you would expect. I played on the faint blush hue in the bag to match my nude pumps and compliment the undertone in my romper. I completed my look with a silver bangle to match my silver bag. Now, cocktail time! Wahoo.